Inspired by what football once was and what it could one day be again.
One madman, one dream: Bring football back to the fans.
The brainchild of Benjamin Underhouse CBE – Crazy Business Eccentric – his words, not ours, FASISAC has taken the small sided game and added a few sexy twists.
Underhouse loved football but he had become disillusioned by the ugly side of the modern game: greedy players rolling around on the floor like they’ve been shot, time wasting, rich teams dominating, disrespect for officials, diving and lack of player personalities.
So he carved into a golden tablet his 6 commandments of FASISAC that aim to combat those ills:
- Teams all have an equal opportunity in player and staff recruitment through the player and staff drafts.
- All players are given the same contract, they earn bonuses for wins and other achievements but their basic wage is the same*.
- No substitutes until half time. So if you’re injured, get on with it or go in goal**
- The clock is only running when the ball is in play so time wasting is pointless.
- Players who disrespect the referee are given a straight red card. When he’s wrong, he’s wrong, hard luck.
- Free kicks and a yellow card are awarded against players who roll around, scream or exaggerate contact even if there was a clear foul on them.
And so Underhouse hired scouts to scour the planet for the most agile goalkeepers, tactically astute defenders, skillful attackers and clinical strikers. Existing beach soccer, 7 a side, futsal and 11 a side teams were scouted and 32 players were signed on to FASISAC contracts ready for the big kick off in 2020.
*All players are employees of the league
The league is set up as a community business venture and all profits at year end are divided as:
- 40% Community sport and social projects
- 30% Player and staff bonuses
- 20% Marketing and development of the sport
- 10% Savings and investments for a rainy day
**An independent physio can be called on to assess genuine injury concerns and will always protect the health of the players. If a player cannot continue, a youth player not affiliated with either team can deputise for the remainder of the half.
zzy Sack Five A Side
fazzy sack five a side